Purpose of the Membership Development Committee
The purpose of the Membership Development Committee is two-fold. First, it is to attract and retain members in the Georgia Haitian-American Chamber of Commerce. Second, it is to ensure the availability of appropriate GAHCCI mentoring resources for all members including newer members as well as long-time members looking for ways to launch, operate, and grow their businesses, or otherwise in need of assistance.
CHARGE: The Membership Development Committee will coordinate internal and external activities to identify and recruit potential Chamber members. The recruitment effort may also include:
- Advising GAHCCI board members on all promotional activities and campaigns related to membership recruitment and retention.
- Serving as a liaison to the community explaining member benefits and dues while monitoring membership trends.
- Reviewing and evaluating GAHCCI member benefits.
- Developing membership brochures or other promotional materials.
The Membership Development Committee shall also be responsible for coordinating the mentoring and capacity-building efforts of GAHCCI. This coordination may include:
- Publicity for mentoring recruitment to ensure optimal matches between mentors and mentees.
- Tracking of formal mentoring relationships, when possible, to allow appropriate follow up.
- Gathering data from current and former participants to aid in critical evaluation of mentoring efforts.
- Development of networking opportunities for GAHCCI mentors and mentees.
- Service as a clearinghouse of mentoring-related literature and information.
- Communicate with networks to facilitate word of mouth.
- Research and apply technology based application options.
- Implement via newsletter, articles, and social media the functions of the chamber.
- Maintain the chamber’s visibility via newsletter, articles, and social media.
- Establish a method of identifying membership results after any chamber activity.