Apply for Scholarship – 2017 Future Haitian-American Leaders Scholarship Program
Read guidelines carefully. Failure to follow instructions may lead to disqualification of your application. Applicants found to have made false or misleading statements will be disqualified from consideration.
The Georgia Haitian-American Chamber of Commerce Inc. (GAHCCI) invites applications for its 2017 Future Haitian- American Leaders Scholarship Program, a scholarship program honoring high achieving, high school students of Haitian descent.
Recipients will be awarded between $500.00 to $1,000.00 for tuition, books, living expenses, and other required fees. Scholarships are available to high-achieving high school seniors with a minimum 3.20 GPA who seek to attend an accredited four-year colleges and universities.
Program Guidelines & Priorities:
We request the following essay so we can better understand your need and background. All information in this section is mandatory and only viewed by GAHCCI staff & judging committee.
- Seeking graduating seniors from an accredited Georgia high school of Haitian descent or heritage.
- Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.2 or above, and plan to attend an accredited four-year college or university. Applicants must also include a copy of an official high school transcript.
- Personal essay: Please address the following questions in a 500 (or less) word essay. Applicants must answer question (1) and must answer question (2), (3) or (4).
Personal Essay Questions:
- How do you identify as someone of Haitian heritage? Mandatory Question
- Answer one of the three questions below:
- How will this scholarship allow you to positively impact the Haitian-American community or the world in which you live?
- How do you plan to use your talents and professional skills to contribute to the continued success of the Haitian community?
- What challenges or obstacles have you experienced and overcome in life and how will this help you succeed in college and beyond?
Scholarship recipients will be notified on July 10, 2017. The scholarship will be paid directly to the students during the banquet.
Application deadline is June 23, 2017 by 5:00 P.M. Eastern Standard Time. Late or incomplete applications are not accepted.
Email one copy of a completed typed pdf formatted application package to: email@example.com
(This includes scholarship application, essay, and school transcript). Applications must be submitted in pdf format and include the heading “2016 Scholarship” in the subject line.
The applications will be reviewed and recipients selected by a committee consisting of the Board of Directors and volunteers from GAHCCI.